1. In order to comply with the ethical standards adopted by the international scientific community and to prevent any violations of these standards both in their own work and in relations with all participants in the process of scientific publications, a mandatory procedure for reviewing articles is carried out.
2. Articles that meet the requirements and subject matter of the Bulletin, as well as those that have been checked for the presence of borrowings (anti-plagiarism) are sent for review.
3. Scientists who determine the vector of development of scientific thought, who have their own scientific schools and followers in Kazakhstan and abroad, who have made significant contributions of international importance in various fields of legal science, as well as highly cited specialists in scientific circles who have publications in relevant subject areas, can be involved in reviewing.
4. The composition of the reviewers is not permanent and is updated annually if necessary. The rotation of reviewers is carried out to involve an increasingly wide range of specialists in the review procedure, as well as in case of improper performance by a particular reviewer of the obligations assumed.
5. When conducting a review, the reviewer evaluates:
1) compliance of the content of the article with the topic stated in the title;
2) relevance, scientific novelty and problem;
3) the credibility of the solution of the problem under discussion, the logic of the presentation of the material;
4) compliance of the research results with the initial formulation of the scientific problem;
5) terminological unambiguity;
6) the author’s knowledge of scientific literature on the discussed range of problems, including international experience;
7) quality and structure of writing, logical relationship, clarity of language and style;
8) the existence of conclusions and recommendations, their validity, theoretical and practical significance.