Regulations on the scientific journal
“THE BULLETIN OF LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY”
1. General provisions
1. This Regulation defines the organizational and technical requirements for the scientific journal “THE BULLETIN OF LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY” (hereinafter – the Journal).
2. The journal is registered with the authorized state body for informatization and communication. Registration certificate No. 15969-W dated April 25, 2016, has ISSN 2518-7252. The journal is published quarterly.
3. The Journal is published in accordance with subparagraph 17) of paragraph 15 of the Charter of the Academy of Law Enforcement Agencies under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – the Academy), approved by Order of the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated July 7, 2015 No. 89.
4. The journal is included in the list of publications recommended for publishing the main results of scientific activity in the legal sciences (order of the authorized state body in the field of education and science No. 936 of April 17, 2019), the database of the Russian Science Citation Index (agreement with Scientific Electronic Library LLC No. 108-03/2020 of March 20, 2020), and the Kazakhstan Citation Database (agreement with JSC National Center for State Scientific and Technical Expertise No. 6 of May 26, 2020).
5. The Journal publishes scientific articles of theoretical and practical significance in various fields of legal science, national legislation and international law.
6. The scientific publications of the Journal provide geographical diversity of authors with a high citation index.
7. The journal is published in print, articles are published in Kazakh, Russian and English.
8. The owner and founder of the Journal is the Academy.
9. No more than one individual article of the author and one article in co-authorship are accepted for publication in the issue at the same time.
2. Goals and objectives of the Journal
10. The main purpose of the Journal is to publish the results of current fundamental and applied scientific research in the field of law enforcement, legal science and international law, as well as to familiarize readers with the world’s best practices in the implementation of scientific developments.
11. The journal participates in the following tasks:
1) study of the current state of domestic and foreign legislation, law enforcement practice in order to formulate proposals for the development and improvement of law enforcement activities and various branches of law;
2) analysis of theoretical and empirical aspects of state-legal phenomena, legislation of foreign states and international law;
3) conducting a comparative analysis of the activities of law enforcement agencies of the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries;
4) reflection of the main results of research and scientific-practical activities of specialists in the scientific fields provided for by the Journal’s topic;
5) familiarization of practitioners and the legal community with the results of research.
12. In the Journal, articles are placed under headings, which are designed depending on the content and issues of the submitted publications.
3. Journal Controls
13. The organization of work on the definition of the publishing strategy, the actual topics of the published materials, the formation and publication of the Journal is carried out by the Editorial Board, the Editorial Board and the Editorial Board in compliance with the ethical standards of the publication process in accordance with Annex 1.
14. The management of the Journal is carried out on the principles of a combination of unity of command and collegiality.
15. The Editorial Board is a representative body of the Journal, which determines the strategy of its development.
16. The Editorial Board consists of domestic and foreign scientists with citations in international and / or domestic citation systems, representatives of law enforcement and government agencies, as well as heads of universities.
17. The Editorial Board is headed by the Chairman-Rector of the Academy. The Deputy Chairman is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal.
18. Chairman of the Editorial Board:
1) approves the Regulations on the Journal;
2) signs the Journal “to print” and gives permission for its distribution;
3) approves the circulation and mailing list of the Magazine;
4) appoints the Editor-in-Chief, members of the Editorial Board, the Editorial Board and the Editorial Board;
5) delegates its powers to the Editor-in-Chief on certain issues.
19. The Editorial Board and the Editorial Board are formed from among the employees of the Academy, law enforcement agencies and organizations.
20. The Editor-in-Chief provides general management of the work of the Editorial Board and the Editorial Board of the Journal. In the exercise of his powers, the Editor-in-Chief is guided by the current legislation and this Regulation.
1) executes the instructions of the Chairman of the Editorial Board;
2) provides control over the quality and relevance of articles accepted for publication, the timing of the formation and publication of issues of the Journal;
3) performs a control reading of the manuscripts prepared for publication;
4) supervises the work of the Magazine’s website;
5) makes proposals to the Chairman of the Editorial Board on maintaining a high scientific level and improving the editorial and publishing activities of the Journal.
22. The Editorial Board determines the current editorial policy of the Journal, reviews and approves the content of the next issues of the Journal, shares with the Editor-in-Chief responsibility for the high scientific level of the Journal and its information accumulation.
23. When making a decision on each material submitted for discussion, the Editorial Board takes into account the opinion of the reviewer.
24. Members of the Editorial Board:
1) on behalf of the Editor-in-Chief, study the scientific articles submitted for consideration in order to decide on the possibility of publishing them in the Journal;
2) select the material for publication, taking into account the requirements set out in paragraph 28 of this Regulation;
3) carry out expert evaluation of materials and recommend specialists as reviewers;
4) develop recommendations for improving the quality of the content and design of the Journal;
5) promote the Journal in the relevant branches of science and practice of the Republic of Kazakhstan and foreign countries.
25. The Editorial Board is the main organizational and technical structure for the publication of the Journal, which performs the following functions:
1) reception, registration and storage of incoming articles and materials attached to them;
2) checking the materials for compliance with the technical requirements for incoming materials, publication ethics of the Journal, as well as for illegal borrowing (Anti-plagiarism);
3) sending articles for review;
4) creating a magazine layout;
5) ensuring the publication of the Journal in paper form and subsequent distribution of the Journal;
6) placement of the electronic version of the Journal on the Journal’s website.
26. Meetings of the Editorial Board, the Editorial Board and the Editorial Board are held as necessary. A meeting is considered competent if it was attended by at least half of its members. Decisions are made by a simple majority of the votes of the members present at the meeting and are recorded in the minutes.
4. Procedure for submitting materials to the Journal and requirements for articles
27. The acceptance of materials and the formation of the issue of the Journal is carried out in the following terms:
1) the first month of the quarter-acceptance of materials for publication;
2) the second month of the quarter – the work of the Editorial Board and the Editorial Board on the formation of the issue of the Journal;
3) the third month of the quarter-the transfer of the draft issue of the Magazine to the printing house, the publication of the Magazine.
28. Basic requirements for the quality of the article:
1) originality – new in the subject area, methods, or results;
2) scientific methodology – reliability and objectivity of conclusions;
3) statement and solution of the problem( problem), clarity of presentation, structure of the material and quality of writing;
4) reflection of the main results of the study;
5) international / global approach to assessing relevance and performance;
6) compliance with the rules of design and subject matter of the Magazine.
The text of the article is carefully proofread and signed by the author( s), who is responsible for the originality of the research and the scientific and theoretical level of the published material. The requirements for the design of articles are specified in Appendix 2.
29.The journal is peer-reviewed. Review of scientific articles is carried out by at least two independent scientists or specialists on the relevant topic. The requirements for reviewing articles are specified in Appendix 3.
30. The term of reviewing in each individual case is determined taking into account the creation of conditions for the rapid publication of the article, but should not exceed one month.
31. If the review contains recommendations for correction or revision of the article, the Editorial Board sends the author the text of the review with a proposal to take them into account when preparing a new version of the article or to refute them (partially or completely). The article modified by the author is re-sent for review.
32. An article that is not recommended for publication by the reviewer is not accepted for re-consideration.
33. After finalizing the article and making a positive decision on the admission of the article to publication, the Editorial Board informs the author and specifies the publication date. A scanned copy of the review is sent to the author by e-mail for review.
34. After the members of the Editorial Board have become familiar with the reviewer’s opinion on the acceptance of the material for publication, the article is submitted for discussion at the next meeting of the Editorial Board.
35. The final decision on the approval or rejection of the article submitted to the Editorial Board is made by the Editorial Board. In case of a positive decision of the Editorial Board, the material is returned to the Editorial Board for final editing and preparation for publication.
36. Editing of the material accepted for publication is carried out by the Editorial Board in accordance with the requirements for the materials submitted to the Journal and taking into account the opinion of the author(s).
37. The compiled material is sent by the Editorial Board to the Editorial Board for control reading and approval.
38. After consultation with the members of the Editorial Board, the Editor-in-Chief submits the original layout for approval to the Chairman of the Editorial Board.
39. After approval by the Chairman of the Editorial Board, the layout is sent by the Editorial Office to the printing house for replication.
40. The electronic archive of the Journal is publicly available on the official website of the Journal (vestnikacademy.kz). The electronic archive of the Journal (publishing versions of articles in PDF format) is available in the Repository of the Academy (rep.academy-gp.kz).
41. The circulation of the Journal is determined by the Chairman of the Editorial Board. Mandatory free copies of the Journal or its electronic and digital form are sent by the Academy to the national libraries of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the State Book Chamber of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the authorized body in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as, if necessary, to the state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kazakh and foreign scientific and educational organizations, members of the Editorial Board of the Journal and partners of the Academy.
42. The materials contained in the issues of the Journal are considered published and are objects of copyright.
43. All relations arising in connection with the creation and use of copyright objects, organization and distribution of the Journal (related rights) are regulated in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
44. For publication in the Journal, the author fills in and sends an application in accordance with Appendix 4 with the text of the article attached. Authors who do not have an academic degree, send an extract from the minutes of the meeting of the department (division) of the institution with a discussion and a recommendation for publication with the text of the article attached (a scanned copy of the article), signed by the supervisor/consultant and certified by the seal of the institution.
45.The author is responsible for the accuracy and content of the submitted materials.
46. The Editorial Board and the Editorial Board have the right to make the necessary edits and abbreviations. Materials are not returned.
47. The Academy does not assume any obligations on the terms of publication. If the material is sent to the author (s) for revision, the date of receipt is the date of return of the revised material by the author (s).
48. The text prepared in accordance with the rules for the design of the article is sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address: Republic of Kazakhstan, 021804, Akmola region, Tselinograd district, Kosshy village, Republic Street, house 16, Department of Editorial and Publishing Work of the Academy of Law Enforcement Agencies under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (marked “article in the Journal”).
49. Articles are accepted for consideration in strict compliance with the requirements for published articles and the availability of all accompanying documents.
50. Sending articles to the Editorial Board of the Journal means that the authors agree to the right to publish them in the Journal by the Academy and to republish them in any foreign language.
51. The editorial board notifies the authors of the receipt of the article by e-mail within 14 calendar days. If necessary, conducts correspondence with the authors about the elimination of comments.
52. Information about the publication dates is provided to the authors after reviewing the articles that have passed the review.
5. Final provisions
53. Links to the Journal when reprinting are required.
54. Prints of articles are not issued, and the authors ‘ fees are not paid.
55. Amendments and additions to this Regulation are approved by the order of the Rector of the Academy.
56. The decision on the reorganization and liquidation of the Journal is made by the Academy.
If the Academy decides to discontinue the publication of the Journal, it reserves the right to resume its publication with the same name.